‘SOS only’ means you will only make emergency calls from your phone.
* You can’t make or take normal calls, or send or receive messages
* You can’t access data, or use the web
The most common reason is because your phone can’t attach with the mobile network. this might flow from to:
* A mobile network outage
* a problem together with your SIM
* a neighborhood with poor mobile coverage
To get your phone working again:
* confirm your SIM card is inserted properly
* Check for outages on the service status page
* Try switching the phone off and on again. this will help if you’re getting a weak signal from the mobile tower
* If you’ve got a Pre-Paid service, confirm you've sufficient credit
* If you’re got a month-to-month plan, confirm you’ve paid your bills fully as restrictions may are applied to your service for unpaid bills. you'll check your balance within the My Telstra app or My Account.
If you’ve done all that and your phone still won’t connect, confirm your mobile carrier network settings are:
* Set to automatic, and
* Connected to the Telstra network
Get more troubleshooting tips for your specific phone on our mobile support page.